Botulinum Toxin is a drug made from a neurotoxin produced by the bacterium Clostridium botulinum.
What does Eagle Eye Centre Offer?
At Eagle Eye Centre, we offer BOTOX® injections. BOTOX® has been safely used by Eagle Eye Centre to treat patients with certain medical conditions and cosmetic treatment options.
** The overall effect of BOTOX® is a relaxed, smooth appearance resulting to a rejuvenated appearance. BOTOX® may be the ideal cosmetic procedure because it produces dramatic results, has fewer side effects and is reversible.
BOTOX® can treat medical conditions such as:
- Eyelid Spasms
- Central Nervous System disorders
- Excessive muscle contraction
- Squints (misalignment of the eye muscles)
BOTOX® for aesthetics can be used to:
- Reduce frown lines
- Eliminate Crow’s feet
- Reduce nasal crunch lines
- Smoothen horizontal creases in the forehead
- Patients who are pregnant or nursing
- Patients suffering from neurological diseases
- People taking amino-glycoside antibiotics
- Eagle Eye Centre recommends BOTOX® be used in the upper third of the face (eyes and forehead) as it is effective on those areas.
- Most common side effect is temporary soreness or bruising at the injection site.
- A temporary eyebrow droop or eyelid droop is another side effect that can occur when BOTOX® is used around the forehead. This effect may last 2 to 4 weeks.
- The cost of the treatment depends on how much BOTOX® is used and injected. This is subjective and customized by the surgeon
- The treatment is quick and not painful because our surgeons use an extremely fine needle to administer the injection. After treatment, patients can immediately resume their normal activities.
- BOTOX® bind the nerve endings and prevent the release of chemical transmitters that activate muscles. BOTOX® does not impair your sense of feel or cause numbness.
- BOTOX® may last four to five months. Wrinkles reappearing are signs when the medication is beginning to wear off. Clinical studies suggest that after several rounds of treatment, the patient may require less BOTOX® injections.